Before extending our 10 year warranty on our products, we firstly do some trouble shooting to help determine if the product is faulty and if so, how many alarms are at fault.
Smoke alarms can sound for a variety of reasons, so please read this article first.
- Evadare extends a 10 year warranty from the date of the original invoice (issued by Evadare) on each new product to be free from defects in material and workmanship.
- The product must be returned at the buyer’s expense. Evadare will not be responsible for any damage caused as a result during transit.
- Once Evadare confirms that the product is indeed defective, it will be Evadare’s own option to either repair or replace the product with the same product.
- Evadare is neither responsible for freight nor local labour charges incurred by the buyer for the replacement or repair of the product.
- Evadare claims ownership of all replaced or exchanged parts under the warranty.
- This 10 year warranty is non-transferable and will only apply to the original purchaser. In the event of a property being sold during this 10 year warranty, the new property owners have a 5 year warranty from date of manufacture.
- Any modifications to the product or is found to be tampered with will void the warranty.
- The warranty will be voided in failure resulting from neglect of maintenance, misuse or physical damage and does not extend to damage caused by rain, fire, earthquake or other natural causes or acts of nature.
- This warranty is subject to the product being properly installed and maintained.
- Evadare’s liability for any breach of this warranty shall be limited solely to replacement or repair at the sole option of Evadare, of any part or parts found to be defective during the warranty period.
- In no event will liability extend beyond the purchase price of the product.
- A copy of the original invoice must be presented for any warranty claim as proof of purchase.